Aka the Shattered Card or Faux Shutter Card
A really fun new card design! This is another one of those designs that you can “use what you have”. In my case, I made a bunch of Fall cards first (photos below) and then made a few with more generic themes. Once you start, you can’t stop. You’ll see.
On the card base, you’ll have a DSP layer. You’ll also need some squares, either cut, punched or die cut. I used the Stylish Shapes dies. A good size is about 2 3/8″ square, but you can go smaller. You can also layer different sizes on each other. I did all my cards with 1/4″ strips (that create the fracture/shatter) but you can also experiment with 3/8″ strips or even 1/2″ strips. You’ll quickly find that you can do many options by changing the base color, the DSP color, the colors of the squares and strips etc. OF course you can change up the stamps, words and other images, decorations and embellishments.
To make the card pictured above, you’ll need:
- Fresh Freesia card stock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold and 4 1/4″
- DSP from Delightfully Eclectic 4″ x 5 1/4″
- basic white square (I used the second-to-the-largest from Stylish Shapes)
- 4 strips of Fresh Freesia card stock 1/4″ x 5″ (the 5″ length is generous, you can get by with a few shorter ones)
- scrap white card stock for stamping/cutting bird image out.
- white card stock for the inside of the card (optional); 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embellishments (mine are the Tinsel Gems 3 pack)
To watch the tutorial and see how to make this card, view below! This card was featured on my weekly series called Simply Saturday found every Saturday on my YouTube channel.
I hope you are inspired to try one! I can’t wait to see what you will create!
Hugs & Happy Stamping!